Little Rock, AR July 2023 We are excited to announce that Highlands Oncology at Baxter Health is now sending robust Admission, Discharge and Transfers (ADTs) and Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs) from their Flatiron OncoEMR through the statewide SHARE HIE! This means that patient’s cancer care team in Baxter County and surrounding areas will have access to the most up-to-date medical information, so they can provide their patients with the best possible care.
SHARE HIE is a statewide health information exchange that allows healthcare providers to share patient information securely and efficiently. This helps to ensure that everyone involved in the care of patients have the information they need to make informed decisions about treatment.
Patients of Highlands Oncology at Baxter Health, can expect to see the following benefits from participation in SHARE HIE:
- Faster access to care: Providers and care teams can see your most recent test results and clinical notes as soon as they are available, which can help to speed up the diagnosis and treatment process.
- Improved coordination of care: The care teams can see medical information from different healthcare providers, which can help them to coordinate care more effectively.
- Reduced duplication of tests: Providers will be able to see which tests a patient may have already had, so they can avoid ordering unnecessary tests.
- Improved patient satisfaction: When patients know that their healthcare providers have access to their most up-to-date medical information, they feel more confident in their care. This can lead to improved patient satisfaction and better outcomes.
- Reduced costs: By avoiding unnecessary tests and duplication of care, SHARE HIE can help to reduce healthcare costs. This is especially important for patients with chronic conditions, who may see multiple providers over time.
The Office of Health Information Technology is committed to assisting the Arkansas healthcare ecosystem with the highest quality of clinical data exchange, and we believe that participating in SHARE HIE is an important step in achieving that goal.
To learn more about SHARE HIE or participation in our robust statewide network, please visit our website SHAREarkansas.com or call us at 501.410.1999.
About Highlands Oncology: Highlands Oncology is a leading cancer center in northwest Arkansas, providing care to over 12,000 patients from many different states in the region. Highlands Oncology is also the only community-based Phase I oncology clinical trial center in the state of Arkansas. They are committed to advancing cancer care and hope to continue to be a leader in the field. With multidisciplinary cancer teams, highly advanced treatment options, and industry leading clinical studies, Highlands Oncology Group offers nationally recognized cancer care right here in northwest Arkansas.
Impeccable success in
- Four cancer centers, each equipped with consenting, imaging, and pharmacy capabilities.
- Major research center at Springdale location
- Integration with primary clinical staff, such as universal pre-screening for clinical trial inclusion
- Host site for multiple multidisciplinary tumor boards, enhancing opportunities for patient identification and subsequent enrollment from a wider network.
- Only community-based Phase I oncology clinical trial center in the state of Arkansas
The new world-class cancer center in Baxter County provides comprehensive oncology services through state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, in-house clinic pharmacy, CLIA-certified laboratory, genetic counseling, infusion center, clinical trials, and innovative new targeted cancer therapies for patients in North Central Arkansas.
Learn more: https://highlandsoncology.com